Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DDR3 UDIMM AC and DC logic input levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfury

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I am performing signal integrity simulations for a DDR3 UDIMM with single and dual rank. I would like to understand some of the limits used in the JEDEC standard No 79-3F

1. I would like to know the difference and importance of AC & DC Logic input levels (VIH(AC)& VIH(DC) ) for single-ended signals (Data Signals DQ/DM) in DDR3.

2. For logic High (input) , should the signal level be higher than VIH (AC)min or VIH(DC)min?

3. The slew rate measurement mentioned in the standard presents that it is measured by the linear voltage rise from the VDD/2 level to the highest AC level divided by the time in x-axis. Is it required for the pass/fail criteria of the DDR3 signaling that the VIH(AC)min should be reached or VIH(DC)min is enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back