Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DCDC power supplies needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zenerbjt

We need the following power outputs (no need for isolation)
24V, 5A; 12V,10.84A; 5V,3A
Any size, smaller the better.

These must come from a 14S Battery of voltage 42V-58.8V
We also need the same power outputs from a 24S Battery of voltage 72-100.8V

We would like something off-the-shelf if possible. Can be a separate module for each rail, whatever.
I cannot find DCDC modules for this, not any at all. Can you help?
(The 5V, 3A I can find modules but not for the other two)
Modify message

Hi.....sorry, it does have to be isolated.....i would have thought it would have been safe enough with non-isolated-but-transformer-based SMPS's, but no, we need isolation of some 500v or so...just in case the 100V battery somehow gets through to the end point of the circuit and zaps someone.

I suggested Vicor micro and PRM/DCM ranges, but they are thinking vicor is too pricey.....but in my experience, this spec has got vicor written all over it, from a size, cost and efficiency point of view...would you agree?

You want to
* buy one
* design one
* combine modules?

What have you done so far?

Klaus

So far we are just searching the web for cheapest DCDC modules. We only need a hundred or so of the Power Boards each year, so we cannot afford to do a custom design....just put DCDC modules on a PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.