Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(DC) Wafer probing for dummies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.smith

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

A quick search of this forum yields only this thread:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/78463/

I am a masters' student who has been busy with design and simulation work up to now, but I have to (soon) measure my IC, a fairly simple transistor arrangement.

My professor is overseas for the next while, and I'm hesitant to wait for him to get back, but I'm also hesitant to proceed by myself and potentially mess up the expensive wafer probing equipment. I have searched the internet in vain for a dummies' guide on how to use this. Manufacturers' websites seem to assume you know what you're doing. Our DC probes (which I need to use) are from Microxact, I think our RF probes are from Cascade but I'll only need to worry about this later.

Can anyone direct me to guidelines on proper procedures on how to use these things? The concept seems straightforward - stick the needle onto the relevant pad on the IC, but I'm sure there are all sorts of precautions to take against things (either the DUT or the equipment) being damaged.

Thanks in advance.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back