Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC to Dc Booster 12 volt to 2300 volt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How to make DC Boost circuit up to 2000 volt 0.13 mAh

Also that sounds like something that should be treated with great respect.

Hi,

from safety view the 0.13mA are OK, as long as the stored HV energy is limited. (small capacitor)

Klaus

hi
i want to make DC Boost circuit for up to 2000 volt 130 mAh .
i want to make through fly back converter or else capacitor inductor methods .
so can you provide me basic circuit. calculation and methods.

Sorry its writing mistake
its 130 mAh only
ya i want to charge capacitor for defibrillator

Hi,

130mAh at 2000V is a lot of energy! I don´t think it´s usefull for a defibrilator.

= 260Wh = about 1 million Ws = about 1 million joule

This is about 3000 times the recommended value!

--> It is way more likely you definitely kill somebody than to resuscitate him.

My recommendation: Please stop to design a defibrilator. I imagine someone uses your defibrilator on me....

Klaus

I have visions of someone turning blue, being 'defibrilated' and exploding into a sticky mess around a small crater.

Brian.

I have visions of someone turning blue, being 'defibrilated' and exploding into a sticky mess around a small crater.

Brian.

i want to charge 2300 volt 195 uf capacitor **broken link removed**

for this charging capacitor i need this booster

1950 volt * 20 A * 9 ms = approx 360 J

this is my requirement

Your calculations are correct...it is approximately 360 joules. That is *a lot* of energy, but I'm not familiar with defibrillators, I assume that you got that value from a knowledgeable source.

What I am familiar with is power supplies. To charge that much energy in only 9 milliseconds, you need a peak power of 39 kilo-watts.
I think that your charging time requirement is off by three orders of magnitude.

In agreement with other replies, 10 seconds is a more likely time to charge a 195uF capacitor to 2kV.

It is efficient to apply 12VAC square waves to the transformer. That way you draw continual (more or less) current from the battery. You would make a full H-bridge to convert 12VDC to 12VAC square waves. It is easier to obtain sufficient power from that configuration, rather than a boost converter or flyback configuration.

Just remember that at the beginning of charging, your inverter will be working into almost a short circuit load (discharged capacitor).
There will need to be a very effective current limit to keep the current fairly constant during charging to avoid blowing up the inverter.

There will need to be a very effective current limit to keep the current fairly constant during charging to avoid blowing up the inverter.
A current mode flyback converter will achieve this without extra effort. Even a simple self-oscillating flyback has no problems in this regard, look at any xenon flashlight inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back