Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC switch not working well with li-ion battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasche

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
switch problem

I am using a dc switch to power on a board.
It does not always work with a li-ion battery, but with a dc adapter I have no problem with the switch.
any help with this ?

Re: switch problem

You might like to describle your problem in detail.
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.

switch problem

Is it a voltage related issue !
Many times, at low voltages, good contacts are needed.

battery will get discharge after some time so if you want to work with battery means just keep one charger for that so that it will continuously provide supply to that..
# The charger must have a low-voltage cut-off, to keep the traction battery from being fully discharged ,Li-Ion cells are damaged when their voltage drops below 2.0 V
# The low voltage cut-off will save the battery.

jasche said:
I am using a dc switch to power on a board.
It does not always work with a li-ion battery, but with a dc adapter I have no problem with the switch. any help with this ?
Suprisingly the heading of your post is "Switch problem" whereas in the description you say "I have no problem with the switch". Whatz the problem then? Cheers

switch problem

switch itself doesnt have any problem,
when it combines with the battery and other circuitry,it shows some problem,
and thats the problem.

oh is this the problem like this ?switch is operating with battery ?

It looks line in case of adaptor the the voltage is maintained with in the range such that after the drop across the switch still left with min operating voltage.
In case of battery if the voltage drops is more. then drop across switch makes it still below min operating voltage rage of the application circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.