Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC source voltage amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boosan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I have a 3 volt DC supply output from a RF Sensor,
now i have to connect it as input to an 12v DC motor..
I need to convert this 3V to 12V..
How could i do that..?? But with a simple simpler or by the most simplest way??

use an opamp with gain = x4 followed by a totem pole NPN/ PNP bjt setup and feedback to the opamp from the emitter junctions.
Connect the emitter junction to your motor also.

That will work for your requirement as stated

Hai,
I have a 3 volt DC supply output from a RF Sensor,
now i have to connect it as input to an 12v DC motor..
I need to convert this 3V to 12V..
How could i do that..?? But with a simple simpler or by the most simplest way??

If I understand what you wrote, your RF sensor has 3 V DC output and you need to use it to drive a 12 V DC motor.
This is not done by amplifiers but by a relay controlled by 3 V DC which will close or open contacts in the motor circuit powered from a separate 12 V DC power supply.

You do not give details about the RF sensor 3 V DC output POWER. MOst sensors generate a low power which possibly can drive the relay coil. If not, then I would use a TTL or CMOS logic gate which can deliver ~10-50 mA for relay coil. You can also use a 555 timer or an opamp for it.

For a better advice, more information is needed about the sensor 3 V DC output, and about the DC ,motor to be driven.

Reactions: Boosan

Boosan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back