Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc motor speed controller with pwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspirecole

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im making a circuit for dc motor speed control using power mosfet IRFZ48N. when im using 12V battery, the motor is running and the mosfet is hot. when i change to 24V battery, mosfet become very hot and after a while i cant control the speed anymore due to the mosfet failure. my motor is 24V 14A 250W dc motor. i keep changing the mosfet.

First use heat-sink with mosfet. If you are already using it, post the schematic.

First use heat-sink with mosfet. If you are already using it, post the schematic.

i already put a big heat sink this is my circuit pwmfancontrollerwith555_1241855842.jpg

_Use a better mosfet with low Rds-on like IRF3205. Don't use 470uF capacitor. It will cause trouble like mosfet heating. Diode is necessary in parallel to the motor as shown with dotted lines.

_Use a better mosfet with low Rds-on like IRF3205. Don't use 470uF capacitor. It will cause trouble like mosfet heating. Diode is necessary in parallel to the motor as shown with dotted lines.

so i should use bigger capacitor or just remove it?..because the motor produces buzzing sound.. I try with other mosfet then..thanx alot

Remove the capacitor. Buzzing is generated due to low frequency. Increase the frequency by replacing 10nF capacitor with 1nF or change the variable resistor to below 50K or 20K.

Status
Not open for further replies.