Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor driver 24v 15A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajitnayak

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am looking for motor driver circuit which is protected against over voltage and back emf .I have DC motor rated @ 24v 10A . the max current it might gone will be 30A. Can some one suggest me the driver circuit or driver board available within1500rs.
We can designing using dpdt relay. But i need circuit which can handle back emf protection.

How about using a suitable FET driven with an opto-isolator? And use a suitable diode across the motor terminals to protect the FET against the EMF from the coil when current is turned off and the magnetic field collapses. Also, I don't know the rs exchange rate, but you might find board on EBAY from China. I've done both of theses...

If you just need back emf protection for a relay driver, then you can just put a big bidirectional TVS device across the motor. Do you actually need speed/voltage/current control?

This is my actual application . I am using linear actuator 24v 10-15A rating and max current can goes up to 30A -40A has per data sheet.I am looking for driver which can drive LA, since while changing its polarity it produce spark .it should be avoided, BAck emf protection /short circuit protection must be there.Suggest me off the shell motor driver or circuit we can build over own to satisfy our above requirement

If you just need back emf protection for a relay driver, then you can just put a big bidirectional TVS device across the motor. Do you actually need speed/voltage/current control?

- - - Updated - - -

How about using a suitable FET driven with an opto-isolator? And use a suitable diode across the motor terminals to protect the FET against the EMF from the coil when current is turned off and the magnetic field collapses. Also, I don't know the rs exchange rate, but you might find board on EBAY from China. I've done both of theses...

Attach the circuit diagram for the above and how we can provide ba
ck emf protection and short circuit protection inthe circuit​

It could be wise to consult someone who has had experience in designing motor controllers, and knows how to handle pitfalls. Here is a fellow who has constructed various projects for commercial purposes. He presents a few circuits in his website's public area. Others can be seen only by paying members. He gives his email address, in case you wish to contact him.

https://www.4qdtec.com/#mot

Status
Not open for further replies.