Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC/DC isolation converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

peyro

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cheap dc to dc isolation converter

Hello,

I need to add (2) 4/20mA ports into a MCU based controller for industrial process control. I am isolating the digital MCU circuit from the 4/20mA ports with a linear optoisolator and opamp but I need to also isolate the power supplies of both circuits. My question is if somebody can suggest a good isolation DC/DC converter (input can be in the range of 12 to 36Volts and output should be 12Volts and current is around 80mA).

The second question is if I feed the two 4/20mA ports with the same Dc/Dc converter, will it cause ground loop problems on the sensors (it is a level sensor and a temperature probe)??? if so how it can be avoided without add another Dc/Dc converter???

Excuse me with these questions, I am new with 4/20mA ports...

Thanks in advance for any help and regards,
peyro

Hello Candy,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Very interesting because it integrates in some way a linear optoisolator and the DC/DC converter.

Looking at your name here and the name of the sales person in the Yuan company webpage it seems that I am talking to the same person rigth?? if so I think I just sent a reference quotation request to you :)

Thanks again and regards,
Alberto Peyro

maybe you can send me a figure about the items that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.