Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in some DSC power supply,such as MAX1566,there is two phase"high-side" and "low-side",for example,high-side driver and low-side driver,what's the mean of high-side driver and low-side driver,and what's the difference of high-side driver and low-side driver,and what "high-side" and "low-side" refer to?
pls help me.

Usually high-side means a driver for a transistor used to switch the load to the positive power rail, low-side means a driver for a transistor used to switch the load to the negative rail. To better understand look at the attached example.

Here also a link that may be usuful.
**broken link removed**

Also look at the Texas, Fairchild, ST web site there are a lot of info about this subject.

Hope it help.

Cheers
Powermos

usually the better understand for this is the driver of the high side is from the +vcc to the load or it boost the b+ to improve its power but decrease its current maybe or better you have to use a high current dc to dc output transistor and in the high side is the Load is connected directly to its v+, maybe they are thesame in power output factor but not in its efficiency. I hope you understand....

speak008

I understand, thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…