Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc-dc boost converter using supercap

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspirecole

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im designing a boost converter, my input is 1 pack of supercap. the design should give 24V output.
the problem now is the voltage of the supercap is decreasing by time. how should i control the duty cycle of the pwm to make it constant 24 V for the output

maybe you could share your design as it is now.................

boost_converter_simple_circuit_1.gif

this is my design

i think it doesn't work. when suppercap voltage is decreasing less than 24v, the output can't equal 24v.

I think it doesn't work. when suppercap voltage is decreasing less than 24v, the output can't equal 24v.
So you say, you didn't yet hear about boost converters? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_converter
how should i control the duty cycle of the pwm to make it constant 24 V for the output
The usual method is a voltage control loop generating variable pulse width. Any popular pwm controller can do, e.g. UC3842.

Instead of feedback control, you can theoretically use forward control, varying the pulse width with supercap voltage using an a priori characteristic. But the method won't be aware of load dependcy and non-ideal converter behaviour.

So you say, you didn't yet hear about boost converters? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_converter

The usual method is a voltage control loop generating variable pulse width. Any popular pwm controller can do, e.g. UC3842.

Instead of feedback control, you can theoretically use forward control, varying the pulse width with supercap voltage using an a priori characteristic. But the method won't be aware of load dependcy and non-ideal converter behaviour.

are you using transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.