Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet of Toshiba T7889 LCD controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Has anyone the datasheet of the Toshiba T7889 LCD controller. I've got a few of them in a 2*20 character LCD display. I need to programm it with a microcontroller.

Please help. :?

Thanks !

Radioman

2x20 lcd controller

I don't have datasheet but I have similar lcd too, it has 2 chips named T7889 and T 6961A. LCD is 2x20 characters. On PCD is printed RCM 2027.

This controller (lcd )is not 100% compatible with HD44780. Communication with lcd is same as with HD44780, but must use different instructions.

rcm2027

Hello Priewan,

Do you have the instruction set for this type of LCD-controller ?

Regards, Radioman

6961a lcd

No I haven't, I try combination of bits based on normal instruction set and see what it doing.

My display with this controller have 14 pins, but pins 10 (D3), 9(D2), 8(D1) are directly on display PCB connected to ground! So only 4-bit communication is possible. Initialization is like with normal HD44780, but next instruction (1st in 4bit mode) must be something like this 00110111.

HD44780: 001 DL N F * *, DL=DataLength,N=Numlines,Font,*=don't care
T7889 : 001 DL N F A B, DL=blink cursor,N=don't care,F=show cursor,A=show text(if 0 only moving cursor, but no text),B=MUST BE 1(if 0, display don't work!!!)

So, try...
Trap sa trap, nie je to az take tazke...

2x20 lcd display datasheet

Priewan,

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. As soon as I have more results I will post it.
I have asked Toshiba for the docs, but they don't reply at all. :cry:

Radioman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back