Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet in the commertial IC product

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Xu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I always see the "Electrical characteristics" which includes the dc and ac specifications in the commercial IC product. In the specifications, it always gives its minimum, typical and maximum spec, I want to know how to define this min and max, i.e., its worst case and best case? Is it defined from simulation results which included all the PVT corners, or it is just from silicon test, or it is from the mixed simulation and silicon test when the silicon tests are not enough or difficult?

If some spec is from silicon test, considering the silicon mostly in its typical case, then how to confirm it cover the process corner?

Can anyone help to clarify it?

Thanks in advance

from product testing
do enough times
can get the values

wued said:
from product testing
do enough times
can get the values

Hi wued,
You mean the spec of datasheet is completely from the silicon test by doing enough test?

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back