Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data transfer between two microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

srija

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

I am trying to do small project like, I have to send data from one PIC micro controller to the other micro controller without using any protocols or communication.

it is just like port to port mapping.
My problem is while programming we can select only one device and write code for that , if i have to mention the write data to another pic in this program how i have to mention???

is there any other solution to do this Prjct?????????

Thanking u in advance......................

You'll have to program each PIC individually. Program one, disconnect it, the program the other. For a test bed, you could simply set one PIC up as a continuous sender, and the other as a continuous receiver. The first PIC would just have an infinite loop, and inside would be some code to write out a short test message, like "Hello, world!". Once that device is running, you would connect to the 2nd PIC, which would be the receiver. What ever it receives, you could have it write out to another communication port (perhaps an RS-232 port, so that it shows up on Hyperterminal on your PC, or display it to an attached LCD, etc). There are LOTS of options on how to accomplish this task.

As I told without using any communication path
Mean just to write the PORT data of first PIC to the EEPROM of the second PIC.........
and getting the acknowledgement from the second PIC. I got the solution to hw to do this but
the thing while Programming first PIC how to indicate r write in the infinite loop that i am writing in second PICs EEPROM.
like EEPROM of second = PORT data of first PIC

I'm not familiar enough with the PICs or your setup to fully understand the problem, then. I'll let some of the pros take this one on.

in the case you are saying you need to do mostly two things ....the address of the PIC's one which you are intended to write need to have different address so that your master PIC can understand that you are communicating with a paraticular PIC of interest and you need to have wrapper inside the every PIC to write to EEPROM....

Good Luck

thank u for the reply it is a good article.but,I dont want to use any protocols and serial communication as they r being used for some other purpose...............

Status
Not open for further replies.