Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

data saving using 8051 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifithegr8

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
data saving using 8051

Hi all.
i want to do is that my prototype contaning LCD temp sensor and voltsensor(ADC0831) takes values in some open location where there is not possiable to install whole PC ,after every 5 minutes and store them somewhere and then I plug it to RS232 with my PC and ask controller to send data and it sends me the recorded data.What should I use EEPROM????
I need Hardware Idea

Re: data saving using 8051

I think better option is to go for an external EEProm, as you are not limited to a certain type of microcontroller and "only" 2kB ..
There are many publications that describe I2C-based EEProms in great details ..
Here is one example:
**broken link removed**

Using the same I2C interface (can be done with two standard microcontroller pins) you can add Real-Time-Clock and "stam" each set of data with Time and Date ..
See this example:
https://www.dharmanitech.com/2008/08/interfacing-rtc-serial-eeprom-using-i2c.html

Rgds,
IanP

data saving using 8051

there is no problem interfacing EEPROM i have done it many times, but problem is that if i have to leave system on testing and saving three values Temperature,Voltage and current in EEPROM than wont it get full and how to save it i am using AT89C52 and 24LC256 EEPROM.

Added after 2 minutes:

how to save it---> i mean that i have been writing values to adresses in EEprom and getting back from that adress i knew those addresses but now how to write auto algo that saves and gets everything accurately

how do you write code, C or assembly?

I can give you ready to use routines in assembly for 89C52 & 24C256, just let me know.

Be sure you use 10K pullup resistors on both clock and data lines going to the eeprom!!

data saving using 8051

i write code in c.and why pull ups????

Added after 29 seconds:

can u help me in c??

ifithegr8 said:
can u help me in c??

sorry I don't do C, only asm.

Try searching google, I am sure you will come up with something.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.