Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data on voice transfer in Gsm network

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohammady_a

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a gsm modem to transfer data on voice channel. Are there commercial one? Can you help me please.

why particularly over voice channel ? Since gsm voice is anyway highly compressed/ digitised its unlikely you will be able to use it the way you expect.

You should use the gPRS feature instead.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I try to transfer voice in data channel of GSM network but it has unfavorable results because of limitations of GSM network in data channel. I needed to transfer voice as data in online communication without delay and good quality. You believe that in GPRS network I can communicate online on data channel with good quality?

Are there commercial phone to transfer voice based on GPRS without compression. I need to apply some changes on voice, with new compression, and a commercial phone with a place to keep microcontroller board.

Status
Not open for further replies.