Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data come from 89c51 through serial port and Stoe it into a database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silaj

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. how data can be store in database (ms access) came from 89c51 through serial port?and in database it compares it and if exist then glow a green led otherwise red?
can any body help me?

I don't think there are direct methods to link serial communication with MS-Access database but you can use programming language like VB6/VBNET etc to do the task

1. Write code module to access serial port to capture the data coming from 8051
2. Write code module to database manipulation with MS-Access
3. Write code module for your logic (comparison etc) with above modules

Also you may search Google with appropriate language to find sample codes

Regards
bassa

I'm not sure if this might help, back in time, I developed some sort of app like this.
You can use VBA in Office>Access, use serial ActiveX object, used to be known as mscomm, not sure if its same in new version.
I used Winsock to connect to HTTP socket and retrieve data from a server to Excel.

You might as well design a VBA frontend in Access instead. That is what my company done with a door entry system. They use the VBA in Access to communicate to a Renesas micro via serial. The user IDs are stored in the Access and the front end is use to setup user groups and add IDs.

Below is tutorial for Excel, I'm sure you can port it to MS Access.
**broken link removed**

My preference is to use a SQL server for the door entry system as the user won't have to rely on the Access frontend. From there you can use php or ASP.net to create server page where it can be access using a web browser. For you I imagine it will be a simple database system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back