Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current variable through potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramana Madishetti

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
Wishes for the day.

The project is about to bring up a board.
By using potentiometer i need to vary current range from 1mA to 2mA with the input voltage of 1.5 to 3v and current resolution must be 0.1mA or above will be better.

So, i need to make components selection before that i need to know the block diagram. Suggest me how can i get clarification in this. Is there any IC's for current variable. From where should i start?
Please suggest me. it would be more helpul. And there is a simple block diagram from my side. WP_20140604_001[1].jpg

Thanks and Regards,
Ramana Madishetty

Getting a constant current source to operate down to a 1.5V input voltage power is difficult but getting one to operate at that output voltage is simple. So is it input voltage or output voltage than needs to go down to 1.5V? Can the circuit operate from a higher power supply voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.