Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current unit for a 2d device simulation in Atlas (Silvaco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlorfeo85

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to everyone, i'm new in this forum.
Yesterday i made a device simulation with Atlas of a 2d structure (a vertical power MOSFET), which was the output of a process simulation in Athena and i was surprised that the current unit in the log file was Ampere and not Ampere/micron, as i expected and as i read on the manual (chapter 2: "getting sterted with atlas", section "current units in log file"). I also tried with examples and i found that, when there autointerfacing between Athena and Atlas, current units for a 2d device became Ampere. Why? I don't know if it's supposed an extension along z axis of 1 micron or not. Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Carlo

By default ATLAS simulate 2D structure with device with 1 micron width. You can even consider this is the nominal current (A/micron) of your structure.
If your structure wider than 1 micron, eg. 10 microns - current of structure will be 10 times bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back