Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current to voltage converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tojatomek

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current to voltage converter opamp

Hi I'm looking for scheme of current to voltage converter that convert current 0-100µA to 0 to 5V. I tried with OpAmp, but it didn't work, maybe I made something wrong.

resistance to voltage converter

Put your OPamp in transimpedance amplifier mode, i.e., the current will see the input terminals and there is a resistance on the feedback which will give you a V = I*R

current to voltage converter using op amp+pdf

You mean something like this on picture?
If so can you tell me what opamp should be, because I tried with LT1058(quad) and it don't works

Ps. R should be 50kΩ ?

current to voltage converter using op amp

You need to power the opamp with a negative source, too. That is because the output will go negative when the current flows "into" the input.

The resistor should be indeed 50kΩ. The calculation is simple: Imax*R=Vmax.

Generally any opamp will work. Of course, there are other issues: offset, bias currents, accuracy (due to gain), etc. But the circuit will work.

current-to-voltage converter op-amp

Will something like this work?
Of course this is not a real thing, just example :)

lm3914 car ammeter

Well, if you maintain the the opamp in its bias conditions, it should not be a problem at all. Your current source hence should also have good output impedance.

logarithmic current-to-voltage converter op amp

Thanks. I actually build a ammeter to my application(not this on upper picture) that will show value on 10 LED by Lm3914. So I need this converter.
If I need range 0-100µA I what OpAmp conditions mast be done?
I add part of my application scheme
1-original version
2-what i'm going to do
Will it work?

current to voltage converter photodiode

I don't think it will, since your input is always with respect to ground and the circuit needs a "floating" meter.
I suggest you use a resistor instead of the meter (that will enable the orifginal circuit to works as it was intended) and build a differentiaal amplifier with one or-two opamps and measure the voltage across that resistor.

photodiode current to voltage converter

Can you draw me it, I don’t understand everything because of my bad English. :oops: Thanks...

That is differential amplifier?

My suggestion is to check the application notes. There's a great deal of information there.

you can use very simple circuit of inverting op

I'm not good electrician, can you exactly tell what you mean. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.