Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current rate problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakirajueee08

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to convert a ac signal of voltage 7v and about 1A current.when i convert it to dc by full bridge rectifier of general diode 1N4007 .The problem is after converting it into dc voltage is about 5-6v but the current is so low about 10ma.what is the problem.please help me someone.

Is this a real circuit or simulation?
When you say 'signal' I presume you mean source or power and its a 7V 1A rated transformer?
Is there any capacitive load across the bridge rectifier output?
What is the actual load and how are you measuring the volts and current?

As this is in the RF section of the forum, what frequency is the signal? 1N4007 diodes are only good to a few KHz, anything higher will need a device with faster recovery characteristics.

Brian.

I am doing a project on wireless power transfer.In that I am giving a signal of frequency 2Mhz and in my secondary a voltage is being induced at frequency 2MHZ.And the induced voltage in ac is about 7-8 v and current is 1 A.After rectification with this diode 1N4007 full bridge current is decreasing to 10ma.But I need minimum 500ma.

I am doing a project on wireless power transfer.In that I am giving a signal of frequency 2Mhz and in my secondary a voltage is being induced at frequency 2MHZ.And the induced voltage in ac is about 7-8 v and current is 1 A.After rectification with this diode 1N4007 full bridge current is decreasing to 10ma.But I need minimum 500ma.

What is your "signal" source and how did you measure the voltage and current? At 2 MHz, common DVMs do not function and cannot read voltage or current. 1N4007 does not operate at 2 MHz either. Find a fast-recovery Schottky rectifier and use a 10 uF in parallel with 0.1 uF across output terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back