Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current phase different in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

micro_tech

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm designing a CP slot antenna, so it's important to get know the excitation current phase on the slot. I'm simulating it using IE3D, so can I get information about it (in graph) for example the phase different between the two slot.
I hope someone could give me full explanation on it.

Thanks and regards,

Hi, Micro_tech:

There are a few things you can do to check for the phase of current or the effect of the phase differences:

1. Find the current data:
(1). You can display the current distribution on IE3D/MGRID.
(2). Select File->Save Current Density Data. MGRID will save the current data into an ASCII file and you can read it.

2. You can display the vector current animation. You will see the current vectors are rotating circularly if your antenna is a good CP.

3. You can check the axial ratio to see the phase of the effect of current phase.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back