Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Mirrors with a Ratio > 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

caledonia

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

could you please tell me if there are current mirrors in the market with a ratio more than 1:1?

The matched transistors that I found are identical (1:1) or are destined for very hight currents. I need to amplify a photocurrent.

I found the TL021 of TI, but they are not produced anymore :(

Of course there is also the alternative to realize it myself with transistors having a proportional surface, but the noise will be to high I think.

I would be very grateful if you know an anlternative already on the market.

Thank you!

I don't think that current mirrors are suitable to amplify or buffer a small photo current, if noise is critical.

Typically small photocurrents are amplified by a low noise op amp configured as a transconductance (current amplifier) circuit.

Yes the first circuit I developped is built with a transimpedanceamplifier.
I'm just looking for alternatives. I thought about the amplifying currentmirrors. But this solution is only worth it when the transistors are matched with only the ratio >1.

Thank you!

Apart from the availablility of discrete current mirror components, you can calculate the cicrcuit's noise properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back