Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current mirrors comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutemomo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do MOSFETs make good current mirrors compared to BJTS???

Output impedance changes with each different process. But in general triple cascoding has no advantage for BJT's but it can boost the output impedance of a MOSFET stack. Also there is the deal of base current but it can be compensated. Still for fast mirroring like differential to single ended conversion I believe that BJT's have better performance as always in fast circuits.

If you are asking other than cascoding, they both have lousy performance. In modern technologies they really have quite small output impedance. So it's required to take precautions. In this area MOS is kind of better as simply increasing its length increases the output impedance while in BJT's it's harder I think but I do not know for sure which parameter of BJT can be easily changed and affects output impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back