Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Meter - help with circuitry needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiann

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
acs712 program

Hi all.

I've built the circuit as attached, here is the rundown:

- Live current flows from IP+ through IP- of the ACS712.
- VOUT7 of the ACS712 sends Voltage (~5V max) based on a linear graph.
- PIC will perform calculation based on the linear graph and will send result to LCD.
- Tact switch at right is to enter Calibration Mode, where when clicked, it sends a high to the PIC (where programming-wise, it will then call a function called Calibration to perform).
- Tact switches at the left are to perform the calibration (move left, increase value, move right, decrease value).

However, I'm not sure if the circuit is perfect:

1) The four tact switches on the left, they are supposed to be wired as such, right? Their purpose is to calibrate the display value, where when clicked, it sends a high to the PIC and the PIC performs its calculation accordingly (calls a function and performs it, then returns).

2) The tact switch on the right is to enter calibration mode. It's wired correctly, right?

3) Is there any other noticeable errors?

I know this will take quite some time, so I thank you for spending time on my concern.

current meter on acs712

hi,

The diagram look technically correct - although not all the components values are shown - if you have built it I assume you have them.

Your are asking us to check the diagram but it is equally dependant on the software and your actual built circuit - so the question back to you is - does it work ??

pic current meter

Will post results once I try the circuit out.

I was just worried about the tact switches connection to the PIC.

acs712 connection

Hi,

The switches are wired correctly, just that they are in the Pull Down mode apart from Sw1 which is Pull Up - its the Pull Up way that tends to be seen more often, either way is fine.

You cannot change the switch configuration without modifing all the software.

Current Meter

would you please mention the current input range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back