Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current feedback in H-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matinking

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody!

I am going to sample the current of the dc motor embedded into the H-bridge circuit. I know that one approach is utilization of the below circuit, which is consists of an op-amp in addition to the sense resistor. But I have some obscurities for usage of aforementioned circuit...
Considering attached image, there are 3 terminals which should be determined for the non-inverting amplifier configuration... Vref, Rsense, and Vout
Would you please guiding me to connect this terminals in the H-bridge circuit, correctly???

Thank you Untitled.jpg

I'm not sure what the point of the Vref signal is, it just provides an offset to your output voltage; you could just as well make Vref=ground. So, Rref is simply the box labeled "low side current sense", you connect the resistor between the bottom of the H-bridge and ground, and Vin is connected to the top of the resistor.

Dear barry

thank you very much due to your clear illustration.... I'm just gonna need your confirmation for my guess about the Vout terminal : That should be connected to the input pwm pins of the system in order to complete the closed loop. Am I right???

I'm not sure what you mean by "the input pwm pins". The Vout signal is a voltage proportional to current, and, yes, you can use this as a feedback signal, but you need some kind of 'controller' that accepts this feedback signal, compares it to a setpoint, and generates the appropriate PWM signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.