Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Curiosity about meaning of post removed notification

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Since the new format has been applied, among the daily notifications you see on logging in about new posts and points earnt (or lost) I quite frequently see a notification saying 'x points subtracted for a post being removed' - What is that actually about as I haven't noticed any recent posts of mine being deleted? I'm asking out of sheer curiosity, not moaning.

andre_teprom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I noticed that whenever we create a new thread a certain amount of points is added, however when modifying this thread (edit) a biggest amount of points is subtracted - perhaps it is a way to discourage people from doing successive changes (which in my case in particular, don't stop me from doing that).

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Andre,

I'd wondered if it was related to editing posts or something to do with the recent web design change and cleaning up old threads in some way. I only edit mine for spelling mistakes. Thanks for the explanation, that clears it up.

BradtheRad

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I too notice my summary lists points subtracted due to 'removed posts'. It looks as though Andre explained it. I have not been in discussions (recently that is) which resulted in the need to be deleted.

stenzer

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I noticed the same. I tried to edit my post, although I entered and SAVED the changes the post was not changed. Before the forum update someone was able to edit his post for a limited time (and no immediate followed reply from an other user?!), which makes sense to me instead creating a new post and to avoid additional reading and associated confusion.

I'm anoyed that I'm not able to edit my post, and not about the lost points.

Further, I used Italic style for two words, afterwards most of the text was italic.

greets

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A good feature of the old forum software was to add a follow-up as update to a previous post within a certain period. I wonder if it can be implemented in Xenforo too.

Presently, the forum software suggest me not to edit posts, hence you get a new post anytime something has to be added to or corrected in the previous one.

Hayk D

Administrator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A good feature of the old forum software was to add a follow-up as update to a previous post within a certain period. I wonder if it can be implemented in Xenforo too.

Presently, the forum software suggest me not to edit posts, hence you get a new post anytime something has to be added to or corrected in the previous one.
This is implemented now. The new post made in 120 minutes after the previous one, will be merged to it. The user and other users who participated in the thread and/or watching it will be notified about the auto-merge.
--- Updated ---

I'm anoyed that I'm not able to edit my post, and not about the lost points.
@stenzer You should be able to edit your post within 2 hours after it is posted (increased now from 60 minutes).

Last edited:

Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor