Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST MWS - Line Impedance and Port Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsurendram

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to see impedance of port in cst mws

Hi,

During my simulations, I have found that the line impedance changes with the port size. i want to know their relationship. What should be the values of the port so that line impedance do not change with port size.

Also,do the results, S11 normalised with line impedance or 50 ohms.?
If yes, how can I get S11 with normalised impedance of 50 ohms even when line impedance is not 50 ohms

Surendra

cst port impedance

try using discrete port

Discrete ports in my experience never work. What you want to do is make the port just large enough so the magnitude of the fields goes to zero at the boundary. This occurs for microstrip when the horizontal extent of the port is 10 times the line width and the vertical extent is 5 times the height of the dielectric... taken from the 'A Practical Guide to 3D Simulation' from IEEE Microwave Magazine.

Hope this helps,

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back