Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST-Microwave studio - need help calculating power

Status
Not open for further replies.

smrity

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst microwave studio s21 s11

hi!
anyone help me for calculating power transmitted and power loss from CST-MICROWAVE STUDIO for any specific mode.

Re: CST-Microwave studio

you have cylindrical waveguide - so you have one port on the one side and second port on the second side - after calculate, you have S21, S11, S12 and S22 (S21=S12 and S11 = S22). This is your transmitted and return loss.

If you want to get loss about the power, you can calculate:

Transmitted Power (dBm)=Input Power(dBm)-|S21|(dB).

If you want to get loss about Watt, you can Input Power(Watt)-Transmitted Power (Watt)

If you want to get loss about Watt, you can Input Power(Watt)-Transmitted Power (Watt)

Added after 8 minutes:

The power will be reflected, transmitted and loss.
1-S11*S11 represent the power except reflection loss.
If waveguide does no has loss, S21*S21=1-S11*S11. However, practical waveguide has loss, 1-S11*S11-S21*S21 represent transmission loss

Re: CST-Microwave studio

ravi8331 said:
you have cylindrical waveguide - so you have one port on the one side and second port on the second side - after calculate, you have S21, S11, S12 and S22 (S21=S12 and S11 = S22). This is your transmitted and return loss.

Added after 8 minutes:

The power will be reflected, transmitted and loss.
1-S11*S11 represent the power except reflection loss.
If waveguide does no has loss, S21*S21=1-S11*S11. However, practical waveguide has loss, 1-S11*S11-S21*S21 represent transmission loss

thanks ravi

hi ravi8331
I have to calculate imput impedance of spiral antenna.
Do u know how to find S11 in CST for specific reference impedance

i mean
S11 = Z - Z0/ Z+Z0
from this equation we can find Z (input impedance of spiral antenna), Z0 = 50 ohm (feed line impedance).
so i need S11 to calculate Z.
How we can find S11 from CST MWS. it has magnitute and phase.
plz help me as soon as possible.

thank you

Hello,

Convert your S11 to real and imaginary component.. Real +j Imajinary and then solve accordingly.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back