CST-induced field! I need an answer please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hapciu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody!
I have the following situation: a sphere illuminated by a plane wave. When I choose a probe inside of the sphere I get the total electric field, right?
If I choose a monitor field, of electric type, lets assume at 2.45 GHz, I get the induced electric filed, or is always the total field??? (because I have for exampel the field in the probe is around 1.3 V/m (maximum value), while on the monitor field field the scale show me a maximum value around 5.5 V/m). So please can anyone tell me what is the difference? I need a fast answer!!
Thanks.

Hi Hapciu,

I have the same question as your, could you please share your knowledge on this?

What kind of field do the "PROBE" or the "field MONITOR" give ?

For now, I only understand that a PROBE is a small arrow you can place at any location; whereas a MONITOR is a not a small arrow, but an entire PLANE.

Thank you for your reply.

field monitor will calculate the fields in a plane at a given frecuency. Probe will give you the time domain field at a given point in space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…