Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST incident angle - frequency results not the same as time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirshahram

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CST incident angle

-I use CST for simulation EBGs. I want to find the angular satbility for an EBG for TEM (plane wave). I know it is possible to use unit cell boundary condition but its results is for TE and TM.

-Fourthermore, the results in frequency domain solver even for zero incident angle is not same as time domain solver (when use waveguide method to illuminate the structure) do you know why?

CST incident angle

Hi

1/See this post:

When your wave is not normal to the surface, your TEM is decomposed in TE mode and TM: the electric is not always on the incident plane.

2/ I think you have to correct your mesh: for a theta=0 I always have the same results.

regards

piboo

Re: CST incident angle

Dear Piboo
would you please send an example to me. because I don't have same results for Zero incident angle also I dont't know how can change properly the mesh.

hi

well i dont know whether its possible to find the angular stability for TEM .

when the angle changes you no longer have TEM wave as pointed out by piboo.
but it decomposes into TE and TM waves.

and u should get same results for normal incidence whether you use TD or FD solver.

regards

Thanks shahid 78 and Piboo
I attached my files would you please correct it? because I can not find the same results even for zero angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back