Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[CST] How can simulation be fast when Electric Field is being measured with probe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight87

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am measuring the electric field in the closure box with aperture and using probe to achieve that. But I have a problem. When I use the probe for measurement, results are not accurate in transient solver. So, I changed the settings in the transient solver > Specials and I use the program with high number of pulses option ( For example, 100000 and more pulses ). But simulation time is really bad and it takes nearly four days to complete with my desktop pc ( and I know that my pc is not as fast as enough, but this is my situation). How can I drop the simulation time to measuring the E-Field with probe?

Thank you.

Hi all,

I am measuring the electric field in the closure box with aperture and using probe to achieve that. But I have a problem. When I use the probe for measurement, results are not accurate in transient solver. So, I changed the settings in the transient solver > Specials and I use the program with high number of pulses option ( For example, 100000 and more pulses ). But simulation time is really bad and it takes nearly four days to complete with my desktop pc ( and I know that my pc is not as fast as enough, but this is my situation). How can I drop the simulation time to measuring the E-Field with probe?

Thank you.

From your description I do not understand why you talk about simulation while you use a real probe over a real structure.
As far as I know, simulation is done by a simplified structure model before one makes such structure.
Now you already have a structure and use a probe to confirm the field corresponds to a model design.
I think that you should use a simple movement system to move your probe over the structure, and plot probe output vers. position. To make a 2-D plot, move the probe along parallel lines wit a suitable distance between the lines.

Actually, I am working on a shielding enclosure and I am measuring electric field on some points, but my measurements -results include oscillations. How can I remove those oscillations and get good results?

By the way, I am using probe to get electric field measurements.

Actually, I am working on a shielding enclosure and I am measuring electric field on some points, but my measurements -results include oscillations. How can I remove those oscillations and get good results?

By the way, I am using probe to get electric field measurements.

I think as you measure the electric field in near-field zone, there are always oscillations of field intensity around gaps. The best way I have used to avoid oscillation I found in using a noise instead of CW signal.
Try reading my paper in MIcrowave Journal, March 2004 : Noise Can Be Good, Too.
Making a noise generator at 1...12 GHz is easy, only as the detector one needs to use a wideband radiometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back