Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[CST]How can I define lossy metal as a new material in CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight87

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know how to define or how to enter material section but I don't know definition of complex definitions in CST?

For example, How can I define dielectric material or magnetic material?

Just define your material, enter the type (e.g. Normal, lossy material etc.) and specify the parameters (e.g. el. or mag. conductivity). Done!

Thank you for your answer. Ok but I can't do it. I want to define these three different materials ( I don't know where to place those material values) . How can I define in CST?

Right Click on Materials -> New Material
Define your type and enter the corresponding values

Thank you very much. I understood, but what I should the dielectric or magnetic angle of material?

3429552100_1399969654.jpg

So you have a complex permittivity, means losses in dielectric (ah, it's written, now I see). With "normal" material type you can specify under "Conductivity" the tangent delta. The same for the permeability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back