Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST doesn't automatically detect the intersection of components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan_Isn

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've encountered with such problem while designing in CST:
when I define two or more components that should intersect each other (for example, a silicon substrate with metal vias inside) the program doesn't automatically detect the intersection.
It is said in"Getting started" manual that there should be an automatical detection.
I wonder whether there is some built in tool where I should switch on automatical detection or I should reinstall CST?
One more, when I choose Boolean/perform Intersection Check, then "trim highlited shape", the result is following: the substrate is trimmed by the boundaries of vias.
But when I move the vias, consequently, at the previous place of the vias there are holes, left from the previous operation ('trim').
Can CST make automatical intersection of shapes without making holes, in case if the intersecting component changes its location?
I've already created the example of coaxial bend with a tuning stub (given in Getting started).
CST automatically detects the intersection of outer cylinder, whilst doesnt detect the intersection of the inner cylinders. It is strange.
I really hope that anyone can help me

Thanks

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back