Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST: Define a Time Dependent Dielectric Constant of a material

Status
Not open for further replies.

atyra90

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am using CST MWS, I need to know how can we design a material with Time Dependent Dielectric Constant (epsilon). There is a provision of defining a Time dependent Conductivity of material in CST, but i want a lossless time varying dielectric medium. I don't know how to do? Please Help me.

Thank you

A dielectric, and time dependent behavior, involve capacitance.

Capacitance (and inductance) involve phase changes.

With a phase change, there is always unavoidable loss.

thanks
I am absolutely agree with you. But in my case, Time varying dielectric constant means "let's suppose if field is propagating in a dielectric medium with a constant permittivity & after some if the permittivity of medium is changed to a fixed value because of an external factor". How to create this phenomena in single simulation model in CST? I don't think introducing conductivity will help here. I am using a Time Domain Solver.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

From what I have seen CST does not have the ability to change permittivity/permeability with respect to time. You are going to have to make a custom code for that. If would recommend Finite-difference time-domain (FDTD). There is a great section about it here:
**broken link removed**

Go to the academics section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back