Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[CST]Could sb. give an evaluationon to this simulation pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkBear

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I'm studying on planar antenna based on metamaterials.
Does someone have interest on this kind of antenna and be kind enough to offer some comments pls?
Attached is my CST simulation according to one paper "Compact Dual-Band Antenna Using an Anisotropic Metamaterial". Actually in the original paper it is simulated in HFSS, which i'm not quite familiar with.
Now at least i have the following questions:
1.Could someone make some comments on the impedance matching? Note that the line impedance in this simulation is about 161Ω, thus it is not convenient to be connected to a standard 50Ω transmission line if the simulation is believable.
2.Why the S11 greatly deteriorates when the AR-filter is used, compared to the previous one without AR-filter?Which one i shoud believe??

Thank you!!

what is ur cst version,i have cst 5.1,we could paritcipate ur design,i also interested in directivity improvement using metamaterial

Re: [CST]Could sb. give an evaluationon to this simulation p

abdoeng said:
what is ur cst version,i have cst 5.1,we could paritcipate ur design,i also interested in directivity improvement using metamaterial
hi abdoeng,
Glad to hear that and my CST version is 5.0 so there's no problem to check my results with ur 5.1 version.
Hope to have further discussion^^

hi drunkbear,sorry,i can,t open ur file,it seems there is an error,pls send ur file in sat or step format

abdoeng said:
hi drunkbear,sorry,i can,t open ur file,it seems there is an error,pls send ur file in sat or step format
It's strange...
Attached is the .mod, .sat and .stp files repectively, but you may not see the 1D result instantly when you open them.
Thank you!

i noted that the "line imp." is 161.408Ω, which means that this antenna is connect to a 161.408Ω transmission line.
Could someone tell me why?
Thank you!

Hello,
do u know how to define the boundary conditions for metamaterials in cst

thanks for all I need to learn how design metamaterials using CST STUDIO and used it to design Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back