Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross Correlation and sigma evaluation in simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReComm

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In a processing before receiver block
Through the processing in this block we add the signals of the transmitted one, so the noise is also added; I would like to compute the new standard deviation σ of the signal.
In order to get σ , I cut the path of the TX RX by "Gaussian noise Generator" with variance 1 and mean is 0 and I use the block XCORR in order to get the cross correlation between the signal and to use the generic formula of adding two signals which is

σ²x+y = σ²x + σ²y + 2ρσxσy
Cross correlation = ρσxσy , and i know that σx, σy are equal 1 as I enter in the block of Gaussian noise Generator
So what I need is only one value of the cross correlation.
When I use a block of cross correlation ; it gives me a vector of data , this vector changes with different run length and different array length ,by using Simulink blocks.
And I can't evaluate one value to the new σ
So , any one can help me to solve this.

Attachments

• ask_block.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 94

Any Suggestion?
Is that way to calculate the new covariance is correct?
How can i evaluate a certain value for cross correlation?
Wait your replies?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back