Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesXtremeEngineering

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to design a small usb keyboard with custom keys(UP,DOWN,RIGHT,LEFT) which can be used as game controllers. How keystrokes are recognized by PC through Usb. Which micro controller can perform this action.

I personally think developing PS2 keyboard will be more easier..cheaper and faster

I personally think developing PS2 keyboard will be more easier..cheaper and faster

Indeed it will, even a small 8-pin micro could do it. However, whilst most desktops still support PS2, few laptops still do. I have seen the software AVR-USB (can't remember what they're calling it now..) which can emulate a USB PC keyboard using the native windows drivers. As for custom keys, you may have to write your own application for that.

I would like to design a small usb keyboard with custom keys(UP,DOWN,RIGHT,LEFT) which can be used as game controllers. How keystrokes are recognized by PC through Usb. Which micro controller can perform this action.

Maybe u can used this chip of STM32F10x.And i used it to connect with PC by USB HID,i thik it so esay to do you wanted.Here two links is a example to show how to used the STM32 to communication with PC.
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
And it's include Mass_Storage,JoyStickMouse,Custom_HID... examples.good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…