Not open for further replies.

miskol

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i've this connector for Power (2.5mm) that need to be inserted in a layout. the connector however have through-hole leads with oblong-shaped. in OrCAD layout, i tried to change the shape of the drill holes from round to oblong but cannot, the option is disabled... maybe because holes are definitely just for round-shaped. i then asked the board house about my problem and they were able to change the round-shaped holes to slots (oblong-shaped) for me.

how can i change the shape of the hole from round to oblong by myself so that i dont have to ask the same thing over and over again to the board house?

Thank you.

only round type drill holes are allowed in orcad layout plus ( about latest versions i dont have much ideas).
You can provide some special notes in your fabrication layer ( where you include drill table, fabrication notes etc) for the PCB fabricator so that they can cut a plated slot there. I have done it in same boards without issues.

Tools like Allegro supports oblong slots

Reactions: miskol

miskol

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you. i'll explore Allegro and maybe try to switch to Allegro instead of OrCAD.

OrCad also supports Oblong slots.In pad designer there is option hole type, there you select oval slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…