Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counting people entering and leaving a scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

apache

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to the forum!!!
New guy here...I am trying to make a matlab code for counting people entering and leaving a scene but as a total noob to matlab i am facing big difficulties. The only thing i have managed to do is to remove the background in the sequence and the small pixels using a threshold. But thats all, i am stuck now, i have no idea what and how to do...I read in some papers about using neural networks and train them so to recognize the people in the images? This is looking unbelievable tough for me. Any ideas on that? Anyone having experience on that project? Any codes or examples available to study on? Any advise, help, guide, anything will be much appreciated and a lot of help to me...
Thank you in advance!

[/code][/u]

None knows about that???I dont know hot to count the people in the binary images i get???Hot to count the people that occlude???Any methods on that???Anyone??????

use skin algo for detecting the persons face , and some math around the camera set , such as how many frames[i.e. time] need a person to enter/exit for counting ,
for initial stage use 2 cameras , after some study of enter / exit pattern , replace with one camera , but it need some expertise about the image processing and camera interfacing etc.

Hello manish,sorry for the delayed response but i thought no one will respone...I have to use only one camera and so far i have done the background subtraction and detection of moving objects to an acceptable level...Now i want to track them,but this is too complicated for me,i wanted to use kalman filters but i am not familiar with them and cant write that code.Any idea on that?Any codes?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back