Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

count pulses on parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankur13901

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys, i need to count random pulses on a port and store data for using it in matlab. device providing pulses is not an intelligent device and cannot be interfaced by usual means.

just one trouble, it would be help horace1 if you could tell how it works for windows 7 as i was not able to locate winio, otherwise i will shift to xp. and i am not very comfortable with matlab as i have to use it out of compulsion, can you tell how do later use the parport object for further coding??

unfortunatly I have not used the parallel port with Windows 7 - which version of Matlab are you using?
I have tended to use ethernet to collect data for Matlab (these days I mainly use Octave anyway)

it is probably worth searching the Matlab forum, e.g.
**broken link removed**

i am using matlab r2020a, plz eply soon if its pssible wih this version of matlab and xp,!!

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

it was r2010a, in the previous post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back