Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could GCF be supported by Enconter and Astro, other than SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Could GCF be supported by Enconter and Astro, other than

Sorry, even SoC Encounter now uses SDC for timing driven P&R.
GCF seems reaching its destiny....(RIP)

Roger, Kctang.

But ,is there any compatiblity between GCF and SDC?
And i have noticed that SDC is the timing constraints from synopsys design compiler. If it is true, that means cadence will use synopsys constraint file format in its product : Encounter?

Re: Could GCF be supported by Enconter and Astro, other than

Yeap, in fact in the old days using SE & Ambit, you may use a utility to convert SDC into GCF format. But you should better check the Cadence "SDC" syntax and there may be some minor different from Synopsys DC in commands/constraints.

I've learned from Cadence's FAE that SoC Enc 4.1 is using SDC for timing driven P&R and there is no plan to support GCF in future SoC Enc releases.

jaxshai

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If cadence really do so, there must be some reason .
But since there are littile different between GCF and SDC, i think it is not bad to learn GCF in SE first.
Thanks kctang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back