Correlated MIMO Channels: What is Correlation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazdaspring

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mimo correlation

What is Correlation. Please anyone here explain what is it to me. Thank you.

what is correlation

Correlation simplys means "related". A correlation factor of 0 implies completely independent channel characteristics and a 1 implies (exactly) the same channel.

For MIMO, uncorrelated channels are required to use it to the full.

Basically MIMO works by solving a set of linear equations where the coefficients are channel parameters and the variables represent the actual data + noise. So if you send 10 variables (Spatial Multiplexing) you need 10 different equations to solve them. If the correlation is close to 1 then all you have is 1 equation and you can never recover the data.

Hope I didn't confuse you.

correlated mimo

a little to add,
a uncorrelated MIMO system can make full use of the DOF (degree of freedom) of the channel.

mimo correlation matlab

Hello,
I need ur help,
I am doing now MSc project on solving the corrletion between a group of mobiles ( and not the cross correlation between the channels) in a MIMO system, and the supervisor suggested to me to use CDMA and SDMA technique to differentiate between these mobile users in ricean channel.
can u suggests me prviuos work about this subject or matlab code or any help bec i have no knowledge about matlab

Added after 2 minutes:

even any help bec i am confused now
regards,,

mimo channels

in a very simple words

correlation is a measure of similarity

Status
Not open for further replies.