Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Correlated MIMO Channels: What is Correlation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazdaspring

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mimo correlation

What is Correlation. Please anyone here explain what is it to me. Thank you.

what is correlation

Correlation simplys means "related". A correlation factor of 0 implies completely independent channel characteristics and a 1 implies (exactly) the same channel.

For MIMO, uncorrelated channels are required to use it to the full.

Basically MIMO works by solving a set of linear equations where the coefficients are channel parameters and the variables represent the actual data + noise. So if you send 10 variables (Spatial Multiplexing) you need 10 different equations to solve them. If the correlation is close to 1 then all you have is 1 equation and you can never recover the data.

Hope I didn't confuse you.

correlated mimo

a little to add,
a uncorrelated MIMO system can make full use of the DOF (degree of freedom) of the channel.

mimo correlation matlab

Hello,
I need ur help,
I am doing now MSc project on solving the corrletion between a group of mobiles ( and not the cross correlation between the channels) in a MIMO system, and the supervisor suggested to me to use CDMA and SDMA technique to differentiate between these mobile users in ricean channel.
can u suggests me prviuos work about this subject or matlab code or any help bec i have no knowledge about matlab

Added after 2 minutes:

even any help bec i am confused now
regards,,

mimo channels

in a very simple words

correlation is a measure of similarity

Status
Not open for further replies.