Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Corners Simulation in ELDO, starting from PSPice Circuit Description

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow222

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I described a circuit using PSPice "script" and then simulated it in ELDO.
Now, I want to run Corners Analysis, using again ELDO and save the results in a text file.

What is the best way to do so, given the resources I have?

Thank you!

For the V and T corners you just change the voltage value of the vdc source(s) and the temperature of the whole circuit.

For the P variation you'd need appropriately changed models from the foundry. If not available, you could estimate the P variation by just changing the vth0 values -say- +/-5% (for slow/fast cases) for the industrial temp. range, or +/-10% for the mil./automotive temp. range.

If you make the VT, TOX, maybe deltaL and u0 params
have variable "k" factors rather than fixed numbers then
you can arbitrarily mess them around; knowing what is
valid and what's overkill is the trick. You might even be
able to make use of gauss() and track() to do poor-boy
Monte Carlo analysis (same concerns about validity apply,
only now multivariate correlations are in the picture too).

Hello guys,

Thank you for your replies.
I did solve the problem, sort of. What I wanted was to run all the corners automatically and get all the results in a file.
So what I did was to use a Matlab script that has some 'for' loops for VDD, TEMP, Process Corners (ff, sf...). Then I placed these 'VDD' and 'Temp' values in a file for parameters; 'Process Corners' were added in a file to be included in the library.
I then tell PSpice to include the two files for parameters and libraries in the circuit description and run the .cir file in ELDO.
By doing so, I get #VDD*#Temp*#Corners Folders, each containing simulation results.
I don't know if this is the best solution to extract Corners Results using PSpice+Eldo, because now I have to come up with a script that takes the results for each Corner and places them in one big file, Excel or some other friendly format. In particular, I will have to extract the DC Gain, GBW and PM of an Amplifier, from .chi or .wdb files.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back