Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copying design in Allegro PCB Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco24

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to make a test board for an ASIC which will be composed of a main board, and many smaller boards where the chips will be mounted, and then plugged to the main board.

In Allegro PCB editor I made my design, but now I would like to copy and repeat the design of the small board many times on the same .brd files. My questions are :

- is there a way to copy part of a design directly in the pcb editor ?

- if not, I know I habe to create a new component and add it several times in the schematics. How can I create a new component with the small board design that I already made ?

Thanks

According to my knowledge you cannot simply copy and repeat.
- What ever you want to do you have to do it from schematic

Why do you want to shown on the PCB *.Brd file instead you can manufacture the quantity you need for small board.

marco24 said:
Hello,

I want to make a test board for an ASIC which will be composed of a main board, and many smaller boards where the chips will be mounted, and then plugged to the main board.

In Allegro PCB editor I made my design, but now I would like to copy and repeat the design of the small board many times on the same .brd files. My questions are :

- is there a way to copy part of a design directly in the pcb editor ?

- if not, I know I habe to create a new component and add it several times in the schematics. How can I create a new component with the small board design that I already made ?

Thanks
Yes you can do it but you have to deleted all Ref Des and replace Ref Des with fake Ref Des by using top & bottom silkscreens.
After that, just select that small board then copy and paste before making Gerber.
Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back