Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convolution & correlation

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your signal passes through filter he changes - this change is described with convolution of signal waveform and filter impulse responese in time domain. So, it is not our free choice to take convolution function to describe this process, this function trully represents what happens. Correlation is something else: if you take a look on conv. and corr. definitions, you see they differ - this is why we don't use correlation: convolution is true representation of signal change, and correlation is different, so it's not true :).

correlation is osme thing to see how much two things r similer to each other where as when signal passes through system it is convolved with impulse responce of system

since in convolution in time domain, we are reversing the second function over the other, incidentally in frequency domain it will be multiplication of two frquency spectras which in turn filtering is happening, am i true or not please reply

yes u r rite but correlation is different from this,in it i think in frequency domain we multiply one signal's specta with the conjugate spectra of 2nd
but i'm not sure abt it i'll confirm it anyother time

Status
Not open for further replies.