Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting the Cadence PDK to Tanner tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilguy

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
as we know cadence is widely use. however for educational propose, some universities use tanner tools. our fab house only support cadence. their PDK also only support cadence. Is it possible to convert the cadence PDK to tanner tools? what actually the contents of the PDK? i never use PDK before. i'm familiar with tanner tools but never use cadence before. In L-EDIT (layout editor for tanner) we can manually setting all the layer and electrical properties. so i think by referring to the fab house documentation, i can manually setup. but the process will be long. So for some that have use both of this software, i hope they can suggest to me something. thank you.

Re: Cad tools question

If u familiar with tanner u should use tanner (sorry I don't know tanner :) ) but I think the tools are only tools, the main idea is base on your design. I use Cadence tools and Synopsys tools and I think both of them are very good for professional and complex design.
Regards,

Re: Cad tools question

thanks... for the purpose of simulation, tanner tools is quite good. however when i want to draw a layout, i need to use the specific fab house process. Design rule and layers are different among processes. the fab house that support us only have support for cadence software. i cannot fabricate my design if my fab house do not support tanner tools. hope my explanation clarify something here. thank you

In L-Edit, you can Import Virtuoso setup, this will automatically bring in the technology information from the Cadence PDK. Check with you Fab house if they can provide you Virtuoso tech file and display file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back