Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert tango pcb sch 274D over to 274x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanvander

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am in a serious bind here. I have being doing all my work on Tango for the past 20 years and now some of the printers I am dealing with can't read my old 274D Tango PCB ASCII files. I need a simple but accurate peive fo software that can import the old tango files and convert them to the new 274x.

Now I found a thread on these fourms here eariler with a guy who did find a cheap $65 USD program that was able to fullfill this task wonderfully.
here below is the quote:
For anyone looking to convert the old Tango .pcb files, including the binary
type, use a program named Rimu PCB v1.08 or newer. I had the same problem and found that software was the only way to convert the .pcb binary to a gerber(.cam) file type for use with newer software programs. When you install the program you need to use the import option and select the tango file type. If you just double click to open a tango file you will get an error. You will then have an option to convert it to a gerber and a few other types that I cant remember. Once in a gerber format you can do anything with it. The program is shareware and will work but wont save any files untill unlocked. Here
is the site to dl it at:

**broken link removed**

I know this thread is old but I could not find any info on this and thought I would post for anyone else
that runs into this problem. I suggest buying the program so you can save files but there is a poor mans
(fix) available on the web. For anyone doing this as a business it is not an expensive software,about
$60, so its easeir to pay for it. Also you need version 1.08 ,or newer if they put out any updates. 1.08
has fixes to correctly open the binary tango .pcb files

Hope this helps,:D
Brian220x

I am trying to purchase the software mentioned above. It seems the developer has re-located his url over

to http://www.alpro.pl/hs/rimuuk.html

Problem is his payment option is through email and it seems he doesn't respond. Also his contact number is no longer in service. Anyone out there know where I can get into contact with the developer of RIMU PCB so that I may purchase a licence. Otherwise can someone suggest an alternative software that will do the same as RIMU PCB.

You could download the spec and do it in a text editor using the gerber file and your 274D aperture table...
**broken link removed**

providing you know the co-ordinates used and trailing or leading zero suppression.
Or its software like CAM350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back