Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert Table Disassembly to Assembler Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

saratoos

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
can any one help me for get the table disassembly under Windows to convert hex code to assembly :???:
thanks

You need to elaborate on the specific task to which you require assistance.

Post the table disassembly.

For which specific device are you coding?

What Assembler are you currently using?

BigDog

I just want to the table a disassembler under windows to convert hex code to assembly.
No matter what kind it is.

You are asking the impossible. Hex bytes are just numbers, each different type of processor interprets them as different instructions. You need at least to tell us what the target processor is and what assembler you are gong to use.

Analogy: you are asking us for the tool to turn a box of parts into a machine, without telling us what the parts are or what the machine is. Could be a space shuttle or it could be a bell for a bicycle.

Brian.

for example IDA Pro disassembler

OK, so you are using X86 instructons, if you had told us that in the first place we would have been able to answer the question.

I'm not sure if it works under later versions of Windows but certainly up to XP there is a command line program called 'debug'. Read the help file for it or type '?' at the prompt for a list of instructions. Then use the 'L' (Load) or 'E' (Enter) command to load the hex data at an address you choose and the 'U' (Unassemble) command to convert it into assembler instructions.

Another excellent program although no longer supported is "Sourcer" from "V Communications", if you can find a copy. If your hex is actually a program for a PC, this one can also add labels and name the calls to the BIOS routines which makes the listing far easier to read.

Eric Isaacson's A86 and D86 package should be able to do it.

And of course the one you named, IDA pro. I think there is a 'demo' version available which can probably do the job for you for free.

Note that there are several formats of hex file, you may have to convert the data to make it suitable for use or even convert it to raw binary.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.